Senior Select Wellness
If you're like most active adults, staying healthy is a top priority. In fact, taking care of your health is the most important thing you can do.
At Emanate Health IPA, we want to make it simple for you to stay healthy. That's why we created Senior Select Wellness, a program for those 64 and older. Senior Select Wellness helps members take simple steps to maintain and improve their health. Through your Passport to Wellness, you can stay on top of when to see your doctor for important screenings and preventive care.
In between visits, you can attend free classes and events that aim to keep you healthy. Members are invited to health screenings, interesting and informative classes, and our annual flu clinics. They also receive discounts in the cafeterias and gift shops at Queen of the Valley Hospital, Foothill Presbyterian Hospital and Inter-Community Hospital. And just for being a member, Senior Select Wellness members will receive a free first aid kit!
So select wellness. Join today for a healthier tomorrow.
Passport to wellness
How do you complete your passport? It's easy! For every wellness visit you keep with your physician, you complete a square. These are your visits that you may be making already, such as your annual wellness exam, a mammogram or prostate cancer screening, and vaccinations for flu or pneumonia.
After each visit, your physician will stamp or sign your passport, and you have peace of mind knowing that you've done something to stay healthy. Complete your passport and return it, and you will be entered in our annual end-of-year Grand Prize drawing. It's rewarding to select wellness!
Here's how it works
Members earn stamps and signatures for seeing their physicians for the following wellness visits:
- Annual wellness visit.
- Body mass index measurement (BMI).
- Medication list & review.
- Pain assessment.
- Flu shot.
- Pneumonia vaccine.
- Prostate cancer screening.
- Fecal occult test.
Members also receive stamps and signatures for each Senior Select Wellness screening, class and event they attend at any of the three Emanate hospitals. Events are listed on our website. Check in to see what's in store for members and how you can continue to receive stamps and signatures between doctors visits!
Every year, passports can be redeemed for a chance to win the Grand Prize during our annual end-of-year screenings to complete your passport for submission.
Senior Select Wellness activities
Ongoing screenings and seasonal clinics:
- Blood glucose.
- Blood pressure.
- Flu shots.
- Diabetes education.
- Heart health.
Classes and events
- Spring & summer gardening: learn the essentials of planting your garden and learn more about the therapeutic benefits of gardening.
- Dance class: Led by a certified instructor, learn how Zumba can benefit anyone of any age!
- Dietitian: Walk through a typical supermarket and learn how to read labels and select meal items that are in keeping with your personal health concerns: low fat, low salt, sugar-free, gluten-free, etc.
- Eldercare planning: Attend a legal workshop at Queen of the Valley and learn more about advance directives, healthcare powers of attorney and more.
- Healthy cooking demos: Let our master chefs show you the tips and tricks to healthy delicious dining!
- Brain boosters: Learn all about preserving and enhancing your cognitive health.
- Flu clinic
- Insurance counseling during open enrollment